Saturday, October 26, 2013
Thank you notes from Bear Man
(Thank you, Jimmy Fallon, for the idea)
· Thank you, strange man sleeping in my bed, for the great story. And for not stealing anything when you left the room.
· Thank you, Charlie from Mike’s Bikes, for the excellent tour of Munich.
· Thank you, bench that pops up on one end when someone gets up, for showing me a new color of green under my toenail after slamming down on my toe.
· Thank you, Hacker Pschorr, for the delicious nectar!
· Thank you, songs stuck in my head, for still being there 3 weeks later.
· Thank you, strange person that gave me a pack of tube socks, for the pillow.
· Thank you, everyone around me, for putting up with the excited kid that ate all the cookies Christmas morning.
· Thank you, Hill of Shame, for reminding me to get my ass back to the hotel.
· Thank you, Chicago Mafia, for including me as we walked thru the airports. Knowing where to go, and where to plug in devices, was really helpful!
· Thank you, superhot 25 yr old brunette from Colonge, for thinking that I am worthy. I will never ever forget the phrase “You want to make par-tee?”
· Thank you, United Airlines, for the safe flight. And for seating me next to the HUGE old lady that I shared my seat with on the way over.
· Thank you, Anna and Sophie. Your patience outshines your beauty, and that is a tough act to follow.
· Thank you, ferris wheel, for being my guiding beacon as I tried to find my way home from the bar.
· Thank you, the shakes, for going away.
· Thank you, police station that closes at 2am, for not keeping me out too late.
· Thank you, Hammer, for the invitation. And Herr Hoff for the organization.
· Thank you, former Rookies of the Year, for considering me in your voting. I am honored to be considered among such tough competition!
· Thank you, everyone that offered me money, I can honestly say that this group does not leave a man behind!
· Thank you, salt, for being the #1 ingredient in everything I ate.
· And most of all, thank you HACKER HERREN! You guys know how to do things right. You paved the way for the rest of us, set a fantastic example, and are truly a great group of guys. This trip was like going to the Super Bowl but with 50 yard line seats and a concierge. Ken, you DA MAN.
Tuesday, October 8, 2013
For the first time, we not only had our prestigious ROY award, but also a HAM Award. The HAM is the Hacker Meister which is awarded to the veteran that had the best time and best personified the spirit of Oktoberfest with the Hacker Herren. Rabbit was the winner and will wear the beautiful Luminox watch that Barons Jewelers donated. Additionally, he will wear the HAM vest that was also awarded to him. Anybody that wrestled in dog "stuff", smoked a cigarette with the wrong end in his mouth, slept in the hallway of the hotel, was willing to take anyone's punches to the sternum, and many other things that are not G rated helped him earn the title. Congrats Rabbit!!